As we age, our skin loses collagen and can produce wrinkles or fine lines. Now, there are several options available to tighten up the skin, help you look young again and meet your cosmetic goals.
Botox and Morpheus8 are two of the most popular anti-aging treatments out there. Learn more about these options and which could be right for you.
What Is Botox?
Botox is one of the longest-used and most trusted cosmetic treatments. It is primarily used for anti-aging reasons but is also used to help treat muscle spasms and excessive sweating.
Botox works through injections into a mapped-out area on the face and relaxes the muscles underneath. This keeps the muscles from contracting and causing wrinkles, laugh lines or crow’s feet. The effects of Botox can last from three to six months.
What Is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is newer than Botox in the cosmetic treatment industry. Instead of injections, Morpheus8 uses microneedling combined with radiofrequency to deeply influence the skin and its regenerative properties.
Specifically, the microneedles involved with Morpheus8 penetrate the skin and produce heat from radiofrequency waves. This heat can travel deep into the skin and naturally stimulate collagen production, tightening the skin below the surface. One Morpheus8 treatment on multiple areas of the body can last from one to three years.
What Benefits to Expect From Each Treatment
While both treatments do similar things visually, they are different. Here are some of the benefits to expect from each.
A Botox injection targets deep muscles and relaxes wrinkles to reduce their appearance. This treatment can be:
- Quick: A Botox injection appointment can only last around 10 minutes, and you are good to return to your day. In other words, a Botox treatment or touchup can be done over your lunch break since there’s no downtime or recovery.
- Cost efficient: While the price of Botox can vary depending on where you go, it’s considered a cost-effective treatment option.
- Nearly immediate: After a Botox injection, you can start to see almost immediate results. The full impact can be seen within two weeks.
Alternatively, Morpheus8 offers:
- Natural results: By stimulating collagen, Morpheus8 activates naturally occurring processes in the body, producing a more natural-looking result.
- Long-lasting treatment: While it can be more expensive than Botox, Morpheus8 treatments can last longer, making it worth the long-term investment.
- Broader effects: Morpheus8 is a full-face treatment compared to Botox, which only covers certain target areas.
Which Should I Choose?
For those looking for a quick, targeted fix, Botox is the way to go. On the other hand, Morpheus8 can ultimately reverse your skin’s aging process at the root. Everyone’s condition and goals are different, thus requiring personalized answers.